Dyeing with reactive dyestuffs
With the trend towards smaller lot sizes per colour in continuous dyeing and the requirement for simple processes, the Econtrol® process for reactive dyestuffs was developed in the mid-nineties. It has now established itself with DyStar technology worldwide.
The Econtrol® process is a simple, quick and economical one-pass pad – dry – wash off continuous dyeing process with drying in a hot flue at 120-130° C and controlled humidity (25-30% by volume) to obtain fixation in 2 - 3 minutes.
- Ideal choice for short or long lot dyeing
- Full colour range
- Excellent reproducibility of colours
- No risk of browning of cellulose fibres thanks to low fixation temperature – bright colours possible
- No urea – no fumes – no machine contamination
- No salt (easy wash-off of unfixed dyestuff)
- Instant colour viewing
- Accurate, easy and rapid laboratory check method
- No unproductive batching sequences, no moiré effects
- Migration minimised by rapid fixation and humidity control
- No crushing of pile fabrics (e.g. corduroy)
- Improved penetration of difficult fabrics due to presence of humidity during fixation
- Energy-efficient thanks to optimum humidity control
- Ideal process for fast change technology
Econtrol® is a registered mark of DyStar Colours Distribution GmbH, Germany.